"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Baroness Seitzinger led the society pack this afternoon for the "early tea" at Twist with the exclamation, "I'm so glad I can finally drink for half the price!" I hadn't realized how much I had hindered popular sentiment; it's long been known you can do everything for half the price at Twist. But I had bullied people so long to linger at The Palace at full price that when I left and The Palace raised prices--yet again--another dollar a drink--and forbade any free drinks, orphans of the storm started showing up at the doorstep of Twist. The Palace is taking a cue from The City in how to strangle itself to death.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Peter Barry said...

All we need now is for Ray Evens to come back to Twist and happy hour will truly be like it was before

 

Post a Comment

<< Home