"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mr. Astor is a party animal. I didn't create this; instead, I awakened the inner monster. After a frivolous afternoon at Score celebrating a belated birthday for the vivacious Cosette with Pimpernel, we should have simply gone the block and one half home where I was prepared to cook a sumptuous dinner. Instead, Leopoldo did his best Dawn Davenport and demanded cha-cha heels and a trip to Twist; as usual, I don't know how to say "no" to him. We cavorted with the owners and patrons until some point I don't remember; you know, don't remember leaving but left, don't remember going home but did, etc. Then this morning we awake to find we have lost our wallets. The horror! Cards were cancelled, but I told my honey I would continue to search for them as it was a most unlikely situation. After he left, I did my best Hercule Poirot and noticed something strange: My clothes were in the kitchen and I never take them off there. Furthermore, there was another pile of clothes beside the door. I opened the door and saw change on the ground and went into the back yard to find not only more clothing, but two wallets.
"Where did you find them?" Leopoldo asked from work, answering my text. "Uh, did we go swimming last night?" I asked, "Because there's a story in the back yard." "Oh My God! Yes, we went skinny dipping; I forgot." "So did I, but everything is here."
The camera holds many truths.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

My goodness.

"You're going to a home for girls!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home