"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, June 02, 2008



Godzilla's "people" called me about the Mothra posting; in fact, the many postings I've made about her. They accused me of favoritism and--more importantly--of leading a frivolous and pointless existence. Imagine the nerve! Last night Leopoldo and I spent a meaningful evening at Score's karaoke night where we sang the Mothra Song; it took a lot of serious thought in finding that carriage to emerge from, not to mention getting Geraldine to run up those matching gowns.

"Pointless"; well I showed them how shallow I can get. I dragged out an invitation to Godzilla's 30th birthday party thrown at The Saint in New York in 1983 and which I attended. I even shook his hand (maybe THAT was shallow, and he wasn't giving autographs). Anyway, Godzilla has never admitted to being over 35 and suddenly his "people" were oh-so-nice. I have nothing against Godzilla; he's a great star, a real trooper, and--I think--probably gotten a bum rap all these years. But don't dis Mothra, or Leo and I will go on the next American Idol as the twins.

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

While you are having your "people" call their "people", please have them call RuPaul and tell them that you know The Countess. I don't think I am getting sufficient respect on the Drag Race. After all, I am almost a drag queen myself!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, Countess; first you came down here and tried to take over The Great Southern Court, then you went to The Berkshires and laid claim to a regal place named "Rumpy's Tavern", and what next? Are you in a drag race? Are you mocking Mothra? Is the Glenlivit getting to you? You need a vacation....in South Beach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home