"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good Lord; Viva Mexico! After a wonderful late afternoon lunch with Pimpernel, and then Tommy Decker, we napped for a few hours. I had to jump up and down on the bed to awake Mr. Astor to go to Latino Night at Score (which he suggested, and when you suggest something to me--like invading Poland, or something--it doesn't get lost). I had to resort to "doing a KiKi: I bit his toes to wake him up". (You do what you have to do in this life.) We arrived just in time to witness the riveting performance of Mexican novella star, Lucia Mendez; the crowd was frenzied. I like frenzied, Latino crowds; we even saw the the South Beach version of Lida and Melina from Mad TV. The place was ablaze with Latino firewood; there wouldn't have been enough Californian fire fighters to put this one out, and I was happy to have the hem of my skirt singed. I'm going to calm down now--if I can. The Mexican Spitfire to my right is ablaze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home