"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, September 14, 2008

How can you improve on--even imitate--the original, The Women? I don't have a good feeling about the remake, but Mr. Astor wants to see it today, and I am a slave to love. I can never say "no" to him. There are other "No's" that can be said like, "Oh, no! You didn't." like when we scare each other with little tricks like hiding the stuffed rat somewhere. There's also, "No, no, no." as when he says I mustn't wear a short sleeved shirt after 4 PM. And, there is "Hell, no" like when I'm asked if I invited a totally inappropriate person to Court functions. But--as he says--"Never say No to a lover".

So, off we go today to see a remake that I am so skeptical about I could scream. Do they really think there is another Silvia Fowler, or Countess de Lava (I don't even know if that character is in it). I could scream, but can't say "No".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home