"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Update 3

The stores were very busy today, but commerce other than that ceased. Everyone I knew opted to stay home and plan, but the new projected path--putting Ike to the south--will have a releasing effect. If I know this town (and I do), the hurricane parties will still take full stage, front and center; there's just no imminent danger now. Of course, I have stayed up this late--after the 5 AM text from The Baroness that started my day of hysteria--to monitor everything. I carried out half of those bloody, out-dated, heavy, steel hurricane shutters just in case they are needed. Whatever happens, though, I will not let down my self-appointed office of Hurricane Happy Hour Preparedness Potentate at Twist for the next two days. It's more than about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home