"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, September 12, 2008

I am convinced that Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish is out to damage my good and honorable name with a series of scurrilous things like this (which she is circulating around). Although I've always been suspect of her good taste, something like this can't go unanswered. This isn't going to Europe in the thirties where I give her the Sudetenland and hope she is appeased, because--darling--it would take much more than a slab of Czech meat to satisfy her appetite for grandness.

We've armed the guards of the estate with moose rifles (so very popular now), in case she makes one of her charges, and we are convening Court tonight to deal with her. Even The Baroness woke up feisty today, challenging me to a jewel-off. Well, my husband's been shopping, and she has a surprise waiting for her.
You can't let your guard down for a minute in this treacherous town.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH! I LOVE A JEWEL-OFF!

Just thinking about it makes me giddy with excitement.

I must tear myself away from the current national political nonsense and take inventory of my vault.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home