"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, January 17, 2009


The evening was a wonderful experience; the baroness was absolutely splendid in her ostentatious dinner party. Good for her, for it was elegantly handled and we all--for a moment of great escapism-- forgot all the problems facing the nation, the town, and ourselves. A wine party is a great release, as was Kim's superb lasagna.
Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish, too, was uncannily reserved; she's always polished, but reserved... I wouldn't bet on that to win a horse race.
Tomorrow, Mr. Astor leaves early in the morning for San Francisco; God help me.

7 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

I knew it! He's coming to visit me.

Is this where I say, "I've always wanted one in tan"?

Haha! He's mine,

Love.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

As I always say, "Treachery abounds!"

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Tom said...

You should collapse and take to your bed and have messengers send frantic notes about how fragile and delicate you have become, only to make a miraculous recovery right after Mr. Astor rushes back to your bedside. That would be fun.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Tom, if I thought for a second that I could con these bitches with that, I would. I am just going to curtail my activities because I am a known danger to myself when alone.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Just checking in to see how you are doing in Mr. Astor's absence...

maybe take an Ambien until he returns...or just look at Mamie's transgressions for amusement.

*big hugs* and I might send Miss Vickie to check up on you.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

If ONLY I had Ambien (a friend). Unfortunately, I will have to do it the old fashioned way and drink myself to sleep...Oh, well.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Astor was in fine form yesterday on her saddle (barstool at Twist), ensuring that society was suitably represented.
MSF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home