"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, May 03, 2009

One of my dreams have come true: Susie-probably the most popular female bartender on South Beach--has been hired by Twist to add to their tremendously popular happy hour. For a long time, I have been promoting the fact that there is a long-unused revenue center at Twist with a charming bungalow bar and an outside sitting space. Twist throws a well-attended cook out every Friday, but--in my ever-revenue-producing mind--I argued that they could throw a BBQ every night with little cost. Anyway, Susie will be a great addition to Twist; she has her own well-heeled crowd that will always follow her where she goes. I am beside myself because she will drain The Palace of more of the monied crowd while they now try to get me back. But, that is a different story, and Leopoldo is not letting me tell it yet. (He thinks I should play my cards close; I think the cards were put down a long time ago and the owner is now desperate.)

2 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Contessa du Barry said...

This is truly great news! I have always been a fan of Happy Hour at Twist. The Days of Ray Ray are over
I know, but this might put a well deserved fire under the ass of Adilino Maybe he will finally have to be nice to people to keep them sitting at his bar

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

This is great news! I sent a proclamation of Congratulations to Susie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home