"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy times, and tonight was supposed to one of those: The Annual White Party at Vizcaya. But charging home last night I rounded one of the more dark corners of the house and tripped on large planters the gardener had placed there until the morning. Appalling would be one way of describing it, and--although nothing was broken and any bruises are hidden--the pain in incredible.

Of course, nothing short of death stops a good time and it is actually heretical in a town like this to even think you couldn't pull through. I have been reminded that one simply can't drop out on something Henrietta has spent $750 on tickets for, let alone the weeks spent planning the outfits, my need to coordinate all transportation, blah, blah, blah. I guess there is always some pill available, but that leaves out drinking, and THAT's a real horror.

4 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Ouch! I feel your pain. I fell down an 'up' escalator last Sunday. Still looking at cuts and ugly bruises. Advil and scotch help!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Any pill with any alcohol helps, but I do have to stay on my feet tonight....so I guess I'll just have a drink now :-)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Can't you procure a wheelchair trimmed in albino mink?

I wish I was there to see all that mocha boyskin against the clean, pressed, white.

Love.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

What? And get PETA on my case?

And, you have such a poetic way of saying you want to see Leopoldo in his Papi white undies.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home