"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Society was supposed to have to hold a meeting to deal with the anticipated arrival of The Countess Bedelia, but The Baroness Seitzinger high-tailed it up to Palm Beach and left Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish and myself to deal with everything. To make matters more confused, Mrs. Wilmerding (nee' Vanderbilt), showed up with the identical twin of her laid-back, easy-going husband. This presses the crowd into a frenzy. Even I went up to George and addressed him as Miguel; it was hot.
Of course, the entire town is waiting for the upcoming arrival of Leopoldo's twin, Freddie.
For a few hours, all the problems of the world were forgotten (except that of the ominous arrival of The Countess Bedelia).

3 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Ooooh, I love twins! Two IS always better than One :)

My spies are already on Ocean Drive sending back carrier pigeons by the hour with strategic info.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Tom said...

OMG please please tell me he's an evil twin. I want him to breeze in to town and cause all kinds of mischief. That would be delicious.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Tom, it seemed both were reserved and polite...so unusual for twins AND Latinos, at that. I will have one sent to you at once. What you really have to watch out for is Leopoldo's twin; he is truly evil. I'll send him, too.

Countess, we are ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home