"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Hookers' Ball, Miami 2006

Well, a bottle washed up at my seaside place of work; in it was a parchment note written with whale semen from du Barry on Cape Cod:

I'm so glad you want to do this event this winter.We need to get things started. While you are prowling the streets of the beach, be on the look-out for a space. As I said before, it needs to be tacky or--if that does not suit you--then some club who will give us the space.

God, her letters are so formal. BUT, I'm glad to being taken seriously again. AND, the fact that she even allows me the judgement of that which "does not suit" me.....well, the power's going to my head. The swelling is causing a pain that can only be relieved by booze and boys. OH, MY that wasn't me saying that; it was...it was...

yes, Shawn Porier. He's put words into my mind that never lived there before. Alas, one chance meeting, and I am The Devil's servant; well, not servant really. Servants are but of memory; perhaps hired help.

2 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

babe, I tought U WERE the devil...not his handmaid.........

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, Ian; I am only handmaid to you.

Come closer....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home