"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm Bewitched!

This is what I awoke to today:

At 2:59 AM, Shawn Poirier said...
Greetings all, Myself and another Salem Witch are proud to say we actually had the Honor of meeting Mrs. Astor for an evening of decadent drinks and wicked conversation. It was a pure pleasure! Like a wicked autumn carnival. ( or should I say carnival of souls) the conversation hit with tilt a whirl camaraderie. With speed our conversation spun from the polite "first meet" chat which roller coasted into dizzying chatter, spiced up with words like, spell casting, Necromancy, "I would like a tequila shot with that," drag, nudity, and "Don't worry the bleeding with stop soon." Of course meeting Mrs. Astor was definitely the big E ticket experience! All in all meeting Alexis was the highlight of the evening. ( However the humpy beefy dancers in another local night spot did prove to be stiff competition!) Be that as it may, beauty won out over brute brawn. One of my witches and myself took the spent evenings "fun tally." The judgment ....One can see hunky dancers anywhere, but there is only ONE Mrs. Astor and she is in Miami. Thanks Mrs. Astor for making myself and the Salem Witches feel so very welcomed in Miami! Bette Midler has nothing on you! I hope to see you and your court in Salem for the Official Salem Witches Halloween Ball held this year at the Historic Hawthorne Hotel. Blessing to you all. I have to go for now, as the winged monkeys need to be fed. Shawn Poirier High Priest of the Salem Witches and new friend of the fabulous Mrs. Astor! For all the Halloween fun in Salem check out... www.witchesofsalem.com and www.festivalofthedead.com

What will I wear to the ball? I threw out the Bathory gown just this year..... (Hmmm. I have to dig up THOSE photos.)

6 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

You dirty old bird!

As of now, I have purchased 3, (yes I said 3) vintage ball gowns for you, me, and bees knees to wear to our Witch soiree. Now all we need is the tanker car full of ether to keep us going and we three bitches will be on our way! Love!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

http://www.jouy-en-josas.fr/iso_album/la_galante_le_bal.jpg

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful!
They remind me of the gowns worn by the Sanderson Sisters, Winifred, Sarah, and Ruth from the movie that was filmed in Salem, Hocus Pocus!
Blessings.
S

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Ed, I actually caught myself rubbing my hands together and giggling. How glamorous it all will be

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AMAZING, what a sweet man to say such wonderful things about you [if he only knew]... I call dibs on the taffeta gown!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Leanne said...

Dear Mrs. Astor,

I remember when Shawn met with you. It was a wonderful experience. I want to make you aware of his passing in March.

I am what is known as his "hag". Better known as his best friend. Thank you for spending this time with him. It was like yesterday that he told me of his time in Florida.

Blessings.

Leanne Marrama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home