"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, June 12, 2005

th


Although I had passed up the Wednesday lunch, I succumbed to Chris Inskeep's invitation today because so many of the guests, mostly from The Netherlands were preparing to leave Miami for the hurricane season. We had all become very close and I will especially miss them. (Not surprisingly, most of the conversation centered around canals, sex, and cheese.) Chris won't be returning to Switzerland until the beginning of August and hosted one of his three-hour luncheons today. Everything Chris serves is worthy of editorial comment, but I have to remark about a Spanish wine named Vega Sicilia that he served with the cheeses. Quite something to look into. (I thought that was the end of the meal, but a bowl of "Drowning Berries" was brought out. The poor things were dead in a pool of Grand Marnier and brandy and I gave mouth to mouth resuscitation to as many as I could.) The most curious part of the afternoon came as one boy gave me the Calendario Romano, or 12 months presided over a gorgeous young priests. He thought it was a fitting gift. I know the world has changed while I have been napping at the races, but......

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Speaking of 'gorgeous young priests', I would like to remind you of Montgomery Clift's *hawt* performance in Hitchcock's I Confess. This is one of the first times I knew I liked boys. How dirty!

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1316/Mptv/1316/0500_0128.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0045897

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priests and gays... love, love, love 'em. It must be that insufferable "unattainable" vibe that draws me to them.

Oh and Ed... DAMN...that picture was super sexy-licious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home