"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, June 04, 2005


I mentioned my dear friend and first infatuation with a boy in a dress, Ricky, recently. How I adored him. (Still do, by the way.) I can still feel the excitement of hearing the rustle of his taffeta dress as he climbed the circular staircase of my apartment at 7 Benefit Street in Providence. Ricky Boscarino--twenty years later--is still a good friend. His ever-restless creativity spawned Luna Parc, a home he built himself from the infinite caves of his imagination. The ever-expanding home in Montague, New Jersey is even visited by buses of Japanese tourists.
www.lunaparc.com
Take a trip to a world like that which only Ricky could dream up. How I miss him......

8 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

love the memories of Lahoma sans make up a few pix down...Remember Love Machine tuesday Nites? How bout Miss Lahoma on "The Gay Dating Game"? Glad to be back up after my hiatus, and reading you again. I'm in Delray Beach sweetie darling...

http://thecoolstore.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger theColin: (xo) said...

OMG that house is crazy-go-nuts! Missed you, Mrs. Astor! XOXO

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd live there. But only if I got a houseboy who would rub my feet every night. And only if he said "crazy-go-nuts" in a sentence at least once a day. Isn't Akh the sweetest thang?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

just dropping kisses
and still waiting for "that" explanation...
.
i love u alex!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Yes, Bee3s,, AKH is certainly a sweetie; that is why I have proposed marriage. Oh, sorry not to notified you first. Really, you should have......

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Tom said...

My friend Neo went out to Luna Park two years ago. He boldly walked up to the door with his cousin and knocked on. "Ricky" answered and showed them around the grounds and generally had a nice visit. Neo was thrilled what a nice man he was.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

there's not a bad bone in his body or spirit. He has always loved what he does and is genuinly touch by the interest of other people. Richy is a person you come across only once in your lifetime, and I an grateful for having him touch me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home