"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, July 08, 2005

The Weekend Before Us

Things are getting back to normal; we had a meeting last night with two commissioners, Saul Gross and Mattie Bower, and I didn't hesitate to bring up the fact that not only did we queers band together to elect them, but that we had been instrumental in bringing down Nancy Lieberman when she started to ignore the electorate base and thought that God had put her in her seat. Well, it wasn't GOD; it was a broad-based group of gay people: rich, and not-so-rich, male and female, and some who wear dresses and wigs, but have a voice, too. This morning Carl and I got to watch the police vans picking up the human trash that from time to time accumulates here; they beat up the wrong guy Monday night.

I think I can go back to my carefree life now. Yes, that will be a gin martini; and make it two because there's no such thing as ONE martini.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

I hope that your friend Carl is OK now. Please give us an update. It just sickens me to hear about something like this. Why are some people capable of doing such horrible things? I wish I could unleash my alter-ego personna on them; but, alas, unlike my blog name, I am a wimp.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Alas, Rambo, I don't think you ever "come back" from an incident like that. I had breadfast with Carl this morning and noted that he was very distant. How very sad that something like this happens.
Email me; I don't seem to be able to contact you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home