"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Miss Tiffany


The warm weather has returned to embrace the town after a weekend of nail-biting temperatures in the upper 40's. This is when tourists stick out; I arrived yesterday afternoon on Ocean Drive wearing four layers of (fashionable) clothing and ran into plenty of visitors in shorts and T-shirts. Truthfully, locals will not leave the house when it gets so cold; it's not as if their radiators are frozen, their minds are. I came home Saturday to find KiKi chopping up furniture and building a bonfire to keep warm.

Tonight we will do what we do best: throw a party in celebration of soemthing, anything. Tonight is our very own Tiffany's birthday party and there will be plenty of surprises for all.
Chief among these will be one black drag queen impersonating Tiffany and her act. I don't know what laws of the universe this might violate, but I'm going to give it a try. Happy birthday Tiffany, and thanks for all the great shows.

5 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

We need pictures, pictures, PICTURES of the event! :-)

Love Always,
Jesse :-)

P.S. - Who is Camilla?
P.P.S. - Tell Ian that I haven't gotten the "proof" yet, so most likely Ian and I are correct about the SEQUINS!! :-)

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Jesse, you must stop this smear campaign that I was wearing a sequined shirt on NYE. What would Newport think?

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Tiffany.

I have several pieces from your recent jewelry show ...oh wait, you aren't THAT Miss Tiffany. Never Mind..when I meet you I will gift you with a piece from my collection. Happy Birthday, and please don't kick anyone with your stilleto heels!!

All of us who are freezing in the northeast are just hanging onto your posts, Mrs. A, and dreaming of a Florida wedding. muah!

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEQUINED!? say it ain't so jesse!

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that community needs a little shot in the arm now and again. Take cold temperatures, mix with booze [who doesn't like ice in thier glass] and sprinkle with the latest designer dress. Shake well, keep shaking...I'm so close...god that's good. Now if that doesn't keep them satified till at least the floor show I can't help ya.
Mwah,
kb
Happy happy happy Miss Tiff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home