"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The sultry sunrise as I walked down Ocean Drive yesterday showed no hint of the edgy day to come. This sometimes happens in South Beach just after the end of season. Everyone's tired, flush with money, and...edgy.
All I could do when I saw Tiff downing her second plate of fried appetizers was think (out loud to her), "Now, tell me; if this creature approached you in a dark mall parking lot asking if you wanted a chicken wing, would you run?
Alas, others found solace in the false paradise that is drug abuse.

I would be the last to call someone "old", but when Ricky was asked to show ID he pulled out a piece of the Rosetta Stone.


In the end, I alone stood up for world order and spent the day enforcing the dress code by making the boys undress. If I didn't do it someone else would.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'd should be given a medal for all that you do for us alexis... keep them undressing, for America!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home