"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Der Kaiser ist Kaput


The Germans were outnumbered about ten to one at the start of today's game here on South Beach. You had to give them credit for being the firm, worthy, and dependable people they always have been (unless you are Poland, of course). The Italians, on the other hand, had great doubts until the final two minutes of overtime at which any turn to the other side was out of the question and pandemonium broke out.

The famous Fischer Twins and their little friend were not at all happy, but made the most of it.

The Italian boys burst out onto the street and began to sing a song that I believe was penned by Clara Petacci in a frivolous moment.

Most people could only catch a glimpse of Wonder Woman's Fourth of July Spectacular from a respectable distance. Busy as she was stopping $10,000 Chevy's with $16,000 wheel hub caps and pointing out that crime, the crowd seemed content with watching the exercise of good behaviour.

Bu,t if you can pull some "strings," as I am sometimes able to, you can catch her by the meat locker.


And, in the end, all that mattered was that explosion in the distance that made us feel so excited. In my case it was the explosion just beyond the palm trees; that is my paradise.

5 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

Happy 4th of July!!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!!! I just have to quickly comment -

That picture of the fireworks behind the palm tree, with the "ocean + 12th" street sign in the foreground is probably one of the most amazing pictures that I have ever seen. How in the world did you manage to capture such an awesome moment in time? You're incredible!!! :) Thank you for making me feel like I was there! :)

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Jessie that's pretty cool in my pool. So, really what was wonder woman doing in the meat locker? I know what I've done in the meat locker and other fun spots.
Hi Sweety, how are you holding up? Your sweetheart is getting better, I can feel it!! Mwah!!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Dearest Jesse....practice, baby; practice. Also, I was SOBER (God-fucking-forgive).

Bab's, it is YOU who is the coolest, and--yes--I feel it, too.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

I did miss the day on the beach! Oh well. :(

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to light a bottle rocket out of my butt and ended up with splinters in my man cooter. Got any Gold Bond hon?
kb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home