"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Boy's Best Friend...


For his going away present I bought Jeremy a Mormon. These are exceptionally intelligent creatures, loyal (The Secret Service swears by them), of sturdy build, and the perfect companion. Most Mormons come in pairs, though; it seems they compliment each and work well together. Until recently, this was the preferred breed of folks in the upper Mid West; but there has been a sharp increase at the best shows around the country and they can be seen even in Miami. Jeremy named him Justin and--since he was leaving for South America the next day--could only play with him for a while.
Justin was not shy. When I told him I was one of the best judges of good breeds in this hemisphere, he eagerly posed, sat pretty, and wagged his tail on command. I don't know what it is about South Beach. Even the best breeding can be thrown out the window for the right treat or caress.

6 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Please send two Justins and a Shane by return post, we are painfully short of good playmates here in the Alps. (seems they haven't unfrozen yet from the endless winter of 2005 and I am tired of waiting)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

By the way, why does Jeremy look like he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar?????

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

Pimpernel

answer #1. Believe me, I was there and I can tell ya: the one who took that picture was twice hotter than the Mormon.


answer #2: two words: "little Jose"

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

I wonder if Jose can keep Justin until Jeremy returns? I'm sure he will feed, water, and walk him when necessary. He will probably need to be exercized frequently. Perhaps some of Jeremy's friends could help out?

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Damn - where do I get a Justin! I hope that Jesse's Manholes LLC makes enough $$$ so that I can afford a matching pair! ;)

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree--Mormons are famously hot, famously clever and generally good to have around whenever possible!

:)

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home