"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Baby is A Star

I can't take more days like this. As has been the usual: got on the line to Switzerland at 5AM to assure that I was within the bounds of their good judgment of time. (Good thing, there, is at noon, they tell you, "Oh, I'm going to Happy Hour"). Then I arrived at the office, dealt with the mindless problems there, jumped in a cab and went home to pick up a Cajun casserole I had baked for KiKi, dropped ito off with endless hugs and kisses from him, returned to prepare for the new, lesbian night, "Pretty Girls" (loved Jesse's question: "Did you decorate?" Answer, "No, I just funded." Tried to get a power nap only to be called back for a computer glich, and then, HAD to pick up the boys at the bowling alley by the house, to bring them to Ditmar's new, Prada Lesbian Night.

THEN! It struck me. I have become a South Beach Soccer Mom.

There is no doubt, now, that Jesse is not only fitting in, but is a celebrity. When I arrived, he was signing autographs of his photo in this week's Wire Magazine. He was in last week's, too. HOW shallow is that? (Shallow enough to make him one of us. )

6 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long since the days of his reign in Westchester. Glad to see you're young protoge is finding his potentially new arrangements so sucessful. A propose a toast!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

A Toast! What a classic idea to a classic cause. But like decent white women, I will wait until 1PM to start drinking......

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you ever rest? Your skin is so radiant and not a bag in sight. Must be all those "man" facials that make you look so young. Got the phone numbers of the men you're using handy? Not sharing are we?
Jesse is a shallow bottom dweller as you all are. Great minds think alike.
Mwah,
kb

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Jesse, a Stah!! *sigh* I should have gotten his autograph when I had the chance.

Glad to hear that Kiki is doing well.

Your Soccer Mom skills will come in handy in Newport. BTW, did you hear that Prince Albert of Monaco was at the polo match a couple of weeks ago.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Glitzy said...

South Beach Soccer Mom! LOL...so what is the car of choice for SBSM? Certainly not one of those horrid mini vans!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Leopold, you were a protege once, and you did well, too.

KB, if you only knew how high I had to climb to get so low.

Countess, I remember when Albert was cute. Thank God none of us age like that.

Glitzy, it's still the Packard with the running boards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home