"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, August 24, 2006



Pimpernel, the elegant Chris, is flying in this weekend for some business meetings with me. He doesn't want to disturb Baby Jesse and is taking a hotel room not far from The Marlin.

Jesse, while staying at Chris's, enjoys what I've heard to be the largest, private collection of Herbert Hofer paintings in the world. Hofer's wife, Randi is a regular. Hofer's paintings are owned by celebrities like de Niro, Fellini, and the last, dead pope; the represent images of tropical fantasy often with scantilly-clad people, long beaches, and graced by a cat.

Like all meetings with Swiss businessmen, it will be brutal; what ever happened to meetings with Swish businessmen?

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

The inestimable Boo-Boo, the black cat, brings up many happy memories. I have always had my covetous eye on the Palace's own Hofer!

Not to fear, I will leave the Hoch Deutsch in Zurich, it will be a very pleasant weekend filled with light banter and cattle prods...

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

I must visit the Palace Saturday afternoon if Chris is in town!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home