"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, September 22, 2006

"Please Pardon the Inconvenience"

So read the communique of the world's most polite military coup. That was what the Steering Committee took into account tonight when we discovered that Jeremy is NOT in Bogata shuffling papers in the American embassy, but has orchestrated the military coup in Tailand.
This comes as no surprise to me. The day before he left, Jeremy stopped over for a swim and walked to change in the "Situation Room". That room is disguised as an old, unused music room with piano rolls stacked up around the area.
(Piano rolls hold secret plots formed in the craziness of drunken planning.) They go on an on: The Plot to Take Over Andorra, The Plot to take over the Gibralta, the plot to take over Key West. Anyway, the afternoon that Jeremy asked to use the Room, I noticed on the seal to the Piano Roll box named, One Night in Bangkok, had been opened and my plans for the successsful takeover of that country missing. Drat! I hate when others obscond with the takeover plot of foreign goverments. Then I have to write it all over again.
Fortunately, I have given him the sympolic weapon with which to take anything he want: the rusty machete.

We know Jeremy is in control of the situation in Tailand and we are all planning trips ASAP. I'm still waiting for the request for me to step off the airplane in the royal sash. I will step down each stair so gracefully, acknowleding all the happy people. Queen of Thailand, I'd been waiting so long. As I reach the bottom step an all-knowing hand will place itself upon mine. It will be Jeremy's. I can hear him now,
"Darling, you are under arrest." We'll giggle and I'll ask for some tea.

2 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I bet he is a mean interegator!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

"Queen of Thailand"....spit my coffee all over my keyboard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home