"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, January 14, 2007


The Art Deco Festival enjoyed not only glorious weather, but a bit of historical sensation this year. The 700,000 visitors got to experience the first-ever collaboration with a foriegn city, Shanghai, because that city--like South Beach--thrived in the 1930's and was later caught in a time warp. Shanghai has about 400 pristine Art Deco structures those people who care about such things are trying to save. We were thrilled by officials from Shanghai just trying to figure out what goes on in this town, why almost everyone wears next to nothing, and why so many men wear dresses.
Meanwhile, our biggest Kah-wheen, Raymond was tapped again to bartend for an ill associate. THAT was it for me; Raymond will bartend from this Sunday on as he brought his entire Latino/a crowd with him.
Belly shots became the order of the day, a feeding frenzy erupting. With Raymond's friends a belley shot is not a mystery, it is a given.

Raymond even gave us his own Court Favorite, Steven. I had to immediately designate the "front" Court Favorite from the rear, but that is what a person such as myself can easily do for a boy like this. Steven was a little taken back by the title, but quickly understood its benefits.

And, as always, there were two white boys soaking up all he atention: the ubitquitous, Thomas Barker, and the hadsome cutie-pie from The Victor, Dustin. Show me a group a Latinos, and I will show you those two just five feet away.

6 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling, everything is looking so fantastic. I´m eager with anticipation to see Miami and see just how much things have changed, and to present my boyfriend to court. I´m going crazy imagining all the fun we´ll be having.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

I'm glad to see that you had the football game on at the Palace. Will there be a Super Bowl party going on there?

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Countess, if you want a Supte Bowl in the backgrount, you will get it.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I love it when the Palace butches it up!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

latin fest and i missed it?!?! I should've come down on Sunday in stead of Saturday. Oh well. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home