"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, January 28, 2007


I continue to be amused by the little things in life. Today I told Ramona, Countess d'Latina of the Grand Duchy of Hialeah that he would make a superb, new, gay version of "I Dream of Jeanie". In front of us all, he said, "Oh; I want to be the Jeanie in the bottle." I replied, "Just what did you think I had in mind, the astronaut?"
"Oh, NO", cried the chorus listening, "You are NOT the astronaut, you are Jeanie."
I love my Raymond.

Last night I caught a sight of a cabaret singer, entertaining the appreciative crowd and accepting tips while offering insightful tidbits of her wild and varied life. The air was warm and only the numbers of us kept the Storm Troopers at bay.

There ARE good Germans, though, and the gay part of the Fisher twins, Florian, confounded me by his being alone. "My favorite German", as I always refer to him, should have a bevy of admirers at all times.

And, to cap off the day, I had an adorable cab driver to take me home. (My carriage was in the shop being outfitted for next week's duBarry fest.) He had no problem with the photo request, even when I asked him to lift his left leg the way he drove. In the old days, this would have resulted in something, but I'm a lot smarter now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home