"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, January 29, 2007


It IS a special week when one of my "babies" comes home from Europe to introduce me to his boyfriend. "Leopold", always fondly remembered as Jake, is here for two weeks with one of the most adorable Germans since Lilly Marlene. None of us could get his name down, but the German was astounded by my knowledge of the area and history of Hesse-Darmstadt, where he was born.

Ah.....as The countess de Lava said in "The Women", "La'mour, La'mour; tu jour, La'mour.

I love my boys.

And who shows up on The Palace steps (ESPN headquarters is just across the street), but Mike Ditka whom Brian just gushed over. Unfortunately, I have no clue about the game, always having thought it rather vulgar, too slow, and terribly middle class. At least in soccer, there was some action and something to look at.

Something I AM familiar with, Henrietta, stopped by to say she would like to hold her birthday party in our new back bar (the infamous latin room). I told her we would pull out the stops for it and it is in March. The room will be host this weekend to Countess du Barry's "Tiaras at The Palace", an event the tickets to which are now being fiercly fought over. I have had several young men approach me about it, but long ago decided to bring James, one of the most intriguing and adorable attendees to Court I can think of and someone I have held in high regard for a long time. Sometimes you just have to follow instinct in a situation like this; James is that instinct and I won't be proven wrong.

4 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

The celebs just continue to roll in... only at the Palace would Mike be regarded only as an "attractive older man..." rather than a GOD.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henrietta, I knew her when I lived there, I would see her in the club and here and there. She is a matriarch on the beach. How wonderful to see her.

Super Bowl and what to do, time to go searching for a few "Tight Ends!" All those young drunk sporty boys to corrupt, how fun!!!!

Where do you find all these cute boys!

Jeremiah

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A TRUE Lady is always a courteous and vivacious host (and one that doesn't hesitate to call a Slanderous Pig a Slanderous Pig). You, dear, are a TRUE Lady, and it has been lovely seeing you. Life at The Palace would be quite dreary I imagine had you not been there, and when foreign dignitaries are tending matters of state, it is always best to do so under the watchful eye of you my dear. On behalf of his Imperial Highness Emporer Ferdinand Leopold Gansevoort I and his Consort, King Ludwig of Hesse and Baden Wurttemburg, we extend our most humble gratitude, and will undoubtedly attend Court again, with our without an invitation. We bestow upon you, in our gratitude, the following titles and privledges: Dutchess of Darmstadt, Countess of Mannheim, Baroness of Mannheim, and Honory Member of the Order of the Purple Garter. Welcome to our family.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Leapold, I certainly hope I want calling Carl Zablotny a Scandaous Pig when you heard that.

And, by the way, don't forget to mention the Baroness of Mannheim's eternal membership in the The Imperial Reichs College of the Counts of The Holy Roman Empire.

You have been negligent, there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home