"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, April 22, 2007


Two years and seventeen days after I first met him when making fun of his white belt, Jesse made my prediction come true and moved here. He will make his home at Jeremy's while my army brat is on assignment in Columbia. In true form, Jesse's father drove him here from New York (what Jewish father wouldn't).


Today was taken up with the annual Aids Walk and we had to be up and ready at 8 AM to pass out water to the walkers. Frankie, James, Erin, Henry and Gustavo formed my right flank. The Latin left flank, led by my beloved Ray, marched; we are now on our way to his Latino Night. There is no rest.

5 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Waves to Jesse! Good luck!

Thumbs up for the AIDS walk. And a kiss, kiss for Ray Ray!

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that poppers in the one guy's hand?

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I thought so, too. But to my disappointment, they weren't. In my day poppers were displayed with glee.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger LARMOT said...

I was glad to see the Palace and other businesses support the walk ($200,000 collected and counting). And true Miami form, there were dogs in strollers,families,college students, children in wagons (one little girl in her Dorothy slippers) and politicians with smiles. Plus the iconic Tiffany Arieagus was there for Care Resource.

Welcome Jesse!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Happy BELATED Birthday Lovely! And, congrats to Jesse! He finally did it!

Jake

 

Post a Comment

<< Home