"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, May 30, 2007



Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I am not mocking the present Duchess of Alba; I ADORE her. Pictured here at her stupendously fabulous Seville Palacie de las Duenas, she is by all accounts a woman who enjoys her life, is very generous, and--quite frankly--likes being a little kooky when you can do that and no one will raise an eyebrow.

She possesses so many inherited titles that it allows her a special seat behind any king or queen. And, yet, she seems to have fun. Her palace in Seville is the center of town. And, of course, all I know of her is from the pages of Hola magazine the many, many Spaniards here in Miami who worship her.

So although my presentation of this exalted, great, fabled, and almost sainted lady may seem a bit fun and rough, it is done with the greatest respect I could pay to her. (Hey, I've already educated several dozen young boys to her greatness.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home