"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, May 29, 2007


You try to remain dignified and tasteful in this town and it is snatched out of your mouth like the last bone in a pack of starving dogs. I realized, now, that there is no way I can retreat from my appearance as The Duchess of Alba, but thought my trappings might have been a little safe from the press.


Tantalizing images of segments of my outfit for tomorrow's South Beach version of a fancy dress ball kept appearing in local fashion magazines. Can you ever trust these queer fashion consultants? These are heirlooms that should be accorded respect (especially those pumps--oh, baby).

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Haha....someone's been raiding duBarry's closet!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Sisters do not "raid", Countess.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not enough sequins for your taste.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

The night has not even begun and you are trashing me, Mikevil. Surley you should be running somewhere to discharge that bad karma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home