"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, September 29, 2007



Leopoldo was introduced to the King and Queen of The Palace and--as expected--received the blessings needed to continue in Court. It was an extravagant evening as we polished off a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label. The Baroness Seitzinger waltzed by pondering, "Just how do I get an H.R.H. in front of my name?" I thought, "Practise, practise, practise." My carriage has contined to whisk me between Mr. Astor's mainland estate (complete with guard dogs now bought off with my cooking) and my beachfront "cottage".

We announced today that we are expecting a child. Audible ghasps were followed by good wishes and we explained that the Pembroke Welsh Corgie I bought three years ago to buffer the expected deaths of the two old dogs was now introduced to another purebred Corgie from England and it was now a matter of time. I get the first-born male and his name will be KiKiTo.

It was a gracious weekend by all accounts; my friends were in attendance and my lover was by my side. The dire weather predicted never materialized, leaving blue skies and gyrating boys on the map; we laughed as the boys stripped to warm, sea breezes. We all like naked boys.

Captians Jeremy and Marc assured that there were to be no problems or revolts; it has been a long time since I enjoyed such order. It was like the Old Days, only better. The Palace shined like a jewel on the neck of a rich beach with Wonder Woman dancing on the sea wall, Bentleys and Roll Royces slowing up to catch a glimpse of Geraldine's famed act. There has never been a doubt that we all live a charmed existance here, hurricanes excepted, and the love we share between each other makes every day glorious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home