"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

It ain't over, but we did it. To my precise prediction, Matti Bower led her opponent, Simon, by 300 votes; but, because there were four candidates no one had a clear majority so a run-off will be held in two weeks.

My prediction: Simon uses he vast war chest to unleash a virulent ad campaign against Matti knowing she has no money of her own to answer his slime ball tactics. I loved his choice for a victory party: Star Island. What else speaks of his connection to big money? Matti was at a Cuban restaurant.

My knowledge: We will work like dogs in the the next two weeks to support her. The gay triumvirant of The Palace, Twist, and Halo will pull behind Matti again and show who really runs this town.

The outcome: Too early to tell, but contrary to the rest of the country, the voters on Miami Beach aren't stupid. It seemed as if I had 300 emails this morning declaring the fight is on and I thank every, single friend who listened to Matti and voted. Money can't win every race. I think the most intelligent email I got was the one that said, "Perhaps you would wear sensible shoes for the next two weeks."

And we all thought it was time to rest...

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Wonderful news!!!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, I wish it was over...we are so tired. We will, however, pick up the sword, climb back on the horse, and gallop forward to victory.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Congradulations Matti! Don't give up now - you're closer to the finish line then ever before!! You can do it!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home