"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, March 01, 2008

I Surrender

Yes, there is no use fighting them for position. The Countess du Barry and The Countess Bedelia have taken over the town. I tried to send The Great Southern Fleet out to intimidate them only to find that they had already bribed the crews to sail to Key West for the weekend; there is no limit to their treachery. The next thing they did was to win over the affection and confidence of the new owners and then set their inscrutable eyes on Mr. Astor. So, I made a deal: Leave Mr. Astor in my hands and you can plunder the town. This they regrettably did since they saw the Derringer in my Prada belt; I don't know which one would have gotten that bullet, but du Barry has been extra nasty and most likely would have gone down first. I would have then had to club to death Bedelia with my peach-colored, satin, squashed-heeled pumps.

Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish had left for San Francisco on a mission to meet Leopoldo's twin, gay brother, Freddie. Captain Jeremy, of course, is somewhere in South America kissing the ass of a general and The Baroness Seitzinger was no where to be found, either, as back-up; she was probably soothing her recent arm operation (from wearing too much jewelry) with a Cuban male nurse. So, I gave up. The Great Northern Court even sent Officer Brian to warn me that force was always an option against me.

So take the town, The Palace, the courtiers, but you will never get Mr. Astor.

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

And after you left last night, Henrietta came under my spell. As we sashayed into Twist together, she announced "The Countess and the Queen have arrived!"

Another priceless SoBe moment!

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the Countess.......I plan to distract her with other earthly delights and snag Mr. Astor later today.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is a need for the countess du barry to return back to her court in the pool of La Gande Summit.....the lack of laughter has left the Bobbetts emotionaly in termoil............you have just has too much fun in the sun.............I remain Lady Crawford

 

Post a Comment

<< Home