"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I've been eclipsed. I am officially "second fiddle", now; Leopoldo has taken over the stage.

I guess it sunk in yesterday; I was strolling down Lincoln Road--parasol in hand--and just about everyone said, "Hello, Mrs. Astor. Where is Mr. Astor?". I arrived at afternoon tea at Twist and the first question was, "Where is your husband?" I walked by the 11th Street Diner and Mark, the bartender, ran out on the steps to ask, "Where is Leo?" Deliveries now arrive marked, "For the wife of Leopoldo".

I suppose this is not a bad thing. There are much worse things in this world. I have Miss Vickie constantly asking for more photos of him; I have a collection of rather racy pictures, but I'm afraid I'd have friends like her scaling the gates if I presented them. Photos like that would not appease this rabid crowd. I've approached Murray The Leash Maker in a futile attempt to keep Leo in check, but Murray turned on me as soon as he measured Leo's neck.

I have created a monster, but I suppose that is not necessarily a bad thing.




2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. Having said that, this will no doubt restore a bit of your injured self-esteem. Just now on my way home from work, my "mind" was wandering, and I thought to myself that when your husband's hair turns that beautiful silver like yours, you two will make the most stunning couple evahhhhh. Maybe even more stunning than now.

xoxo

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Why is this blog still called "The Mrs. Astor"?

How about...

"The Mr. and Mrs. Astor Show"

or "Mr. Astor Knows Best"

or "Leo and Caroline"

You get the picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home