"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, September 22, 2008

My congratulatory call to Riley for being admitted to the Florida Bar came while Leopoldo and I were shopping for an appropriately sized ring for our date with Henrietta on Saturday night. It was a difficult call, for the salesperson and Leopoldo were both showing me items they admired and I had to comment and gush at the same time; oh, well, it wasn't the first time. Now Riley can advise us all and actually charge for it (not, of course, for those of us who were by his side from the very beginning--or the beginning as we imagine it). We couldn't settle on a ring because we were not sure of her size (although Connie Chung texted "extra large").

In the meantime, I texted Captain Jeremy to return home immediately to battle against this Sarah Palin creature. This nightmare has made dinosaurs so much closer than we ever thought. The only comparisons can be of Spiro Agnew, which was basically a threat that "If you think I am bad, look at what you can get." A heartbeat (or a well-placed satin pillow away) is just too juicy to think about.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the McCain / Palin ticket. A deomcrat turning against his own party. yep and many more will follow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home