"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, August 30, 2009

I would be negligent if I did not report that Linda has returned to South Beach for the past week. I first saw this vision of freed loveliness three years ago, and--for me--it was like the Miracle at Fatima. "Linda" is a financial officer from the Mid-Atlantic with a wife and family who comes to South Beach once a year to live out her fantasy and walk around town as "Linda". She doesn't wear falsies and always wears flats so that she can do her signature side-to-side hop of a dance. She once told me that South Beach is the only place that accepted her and let her walk around and live as Linda and that she was flattered by the attention I lavished on her. Friends reported that she went to the beach is a bikini, no padding, nothing....just being Linda. We had the honor to see Linda twice this week, and I even got to kiss he lace-gloved hand at Edison's piano bar party at The Ritz Carlton. People like Linda fascinate me. "If you want to sing out, sing out. And, if you want to be free, be free. Cuz there's a million things to be..." Cat Stevens really got it; I wish more people did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home