"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I'm so sick of The White Fly that I could agree to artificial plants now. I have two companies fighting it and perhaps, just perhaps, we have stopped its spread. In the meantime, Tom from New York reminded me of another horror of nature that occurred last week. A 74-year-old woman went into her back yard to scare away some raccoons and, instead, was surrounded by five or six of them and attacked. As the police reported, "She wasn't just bitten, she was filleted."

I hate Nature; it always seems to have the upper hand.
I met with the organizer of the Task Force's Winter Party and we agreed that my first project will be to handle the liquor sponsors. Special needs people like Countess Bedelia can now rest assured that they have a sympathetic ear at work for them. Now, THIS is a natural.

3 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Well, thank god that someone is in charge of the Glenlivet supply at the Pool Party. Remember the emergency we had when Penny knocked over my bottle. Thankfully, Leo was on the job and saved the day!

P.S. Don't forget the hats :)

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

The hats are safe and have not come out in a long time. I wouldn't want the ghost of du Barry to rise from the grave again and rattle her chains.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your a few gallons short on Glenlivet......I'd stock up, and quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home