"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, March 01, 2010

After two weeks of relatively good behavior, I allowed myself to be led down the steep slope of a weekend drink fest. Now we are faced with the most dangerous month of all, March, a month of non-stop parties and events that can bring down the strongest person. Add to this the impending visit of Countess Bedelia--at the moment in NYC, planning her assault on Miami--and you can understand my apprehension. Mamie came off her cabbage soup diet on Sunday morning and "demanded" I met her at a nearby German restaurant for breakfast; it involved seven steins of wheat beer. There is little hope for sobriety, but I will try.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Rev your engines and lip sync for your life.....The Countess will be there in 2 more days!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember you being quite thirsty for breakfast.
-Mamie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home