"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, March 19, 2010

Early this morning, The Baroness Seitzinger's gilded carriage (with those faux ducal crests on the doors) arrived at La Casa to bring me to the hospital where my stitches were quickly removed; I was not only home in time to make Mr. Astor's breakfast, but baked a dozen cookies as a sign that some sort of normalcy was returning. This is the first day I haven't taken any pain pills, too, and been in a semi-trance. The next two steps will be to the neurologist and the plastic surgeon, and I plan to be back in the saddle by April 17, my birthday, on which The Countess will be returning and taking a cabana at The Victor. It happily coincides with the Gay Pride Parade which will pass right before us.

I am very appreciative of the cards, emails, and flowers received from my friends (I even got a teddy bear from The Baroness and Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish), but--by far--the most unusual (and somewhat spooky) card came from dear Kendall. I have stared at it over and over, noting the extreme absurdities (the pink mules slay me). It's good to be alive.

And another gem to lift everyone's spirits: http://jessefreidin.com/gallery/the-doggie-gaga-project. Thanks, Luis.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better, love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home