"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I apologize for not posting, especially about Saturday's birthday for Terry; it was truly the best party I have ever given. But during the course of it, I was incautious and tripped on the last stairs of a staircase in the back and hit my face on the concrete. Although it was first thought by the hospital that I had broken my neck, that was not so "just" my nose. Therefore, I'm confined to some rest.

But of all the many messages of concern I have received, this touch me most from the GM of Twist:
Alexis,

You and Leopoldo are in my thoughts as I visualize a full recovery, quick, no more pain and complete. The last email I sent was obviously just before your injury. In that email I said I would compliment you on the party in person -"next time I see you again." It was the farthest thing in my mind that when I would see you next it was going to be semi conscience on the ground, with your condition hidden by blood. My prognosis was not good. I know that Leopoldo was suffering as well - not physically - but emotionally his pain was as bad as yours - I could see it in his eyes. As the EMT's arrived you were able to get up and walk to the stretcher. I knew then that you would get through this. It was in the stretcher - as you were being placed into the ambulance - when your self appointed guardian mentor, American socialite "the Mrs. Astor" said "I'm going to be alright - but I wrecked the party!". Before I could respond - you were inside the vehicle and on your way to the hospital.

The party had a fervor rarely achieved by 9:30pm. The gathering was in its closing stage and everyone was having a wonderful time. I'd be lying if I said that your situation didn;'t put a damper on things - it did - but the timing was appropriate. It wasn't a cause to go home - it evolved to meet the circumstances. The gathering became more emotional and less hedonistic. The energy felt good and it was coming from everyone. The love, concern and caring was overflowing from the bungalow bar and into the garden. Recognizing your misfortune everyone in the group was imbued with fellowship. The wild abandonment of thirty minutes prior was replaced with a serene happiness and an appreciation for each other. The affair took on an almost religious-like significance as guests pondered their own mortality. Everyone was grateful for the opportunity to share time with each other It was a communion of friendship filled with an appreciation for the life.

Luis has been keeping me advised as to your condition. Please let me know if I can be of help in anyway or if you need anything at all. I remain available. I know your recovery will be swift because you could never keep "the Mrs. Astor" down. Take Care!

Sincerely

Valentino

3 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Contessa du Barry said...

All the Best..Speedy recovery...

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're starting to feel just a little bit better every day. xoxo

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Barker said...

OMG! I am so sorry to hear... I am glad you are okay! I love you and feel better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home