"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I don't know how I survived this, just passed, "season". It seems I threw a bunch of parties at which everyone seemed to have fun but me. I was too disabled by pain pills to have ever even left the house. Still, I survived to learn many lessons. Lately, I have given up the pills, toned down the drinking, and been focusing on the gym. How boring!
Terry left yesterday, but not before the necessary celebration of life; he and Bob will join Robyn and Linda on a long trip to Europe. There is some reason to hope that they will return for one weekend in June, but I wouldn't put money on that. Leopoldo and I have been left alone for the summer.



Pardon me, but what does a hippopotamus ask when he has a midget in his mouth? Answer: "Would you pass the mayo?"


This is the typical example of why I thing circuses featuring animals should be banned. From dancing bears in Russia mauling their tamer/torturer to elephants forced to dance on a ball for pudgy white children in Iowa, the notion that animals can be made to perform appalls decent people.


So, gobble up Mr. Hippo; we all should get a chance like that. I wish we could feed City Hall employees, one-by-one, to a giant Hippo in a sort of Coliseum-like venue. That would be entertainment.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more Alexis. Animals "performing" in circuses is one of my pet peeves and I stopped going to them many years ago for that reason, even though I love the circus on other levels. Elephants were not meant to wear frilly skirts and tigers should not be trained to jump through hoops of fire. I can't believe this crap is allowed to continue.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I'd like to see the circus owners be forced to balance on balls for the audience and then whipped by the lions. It is reprehensible that this goes on in this country in the century.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home