"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, February 28, 2011

I can not go without mentioning this week's birthday party of our dear friend, The Count la Mot, Luis here of the right with some white trash he picked up (only kidding, Steven). The Count has devoted his life to charitable events; he is an incredible social force in this town. I am honored he is a close friend. The other one, however......well I had better be nice or I won't have lights in my office. He took over Club 721 for the event, a wise move to a decent venue.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish reminded me that I had ceded all social power to her several weeks ago, during a moment of my deepest depression as my relationship fell apart. Well, Mamie, I have climbed out of my hole; you needn't think absolute power lasts forever. I have invited The Countess du Barry down from Newport to re-establish the the bi-power order of things (and I don't mean it to be equal, dear). You enjoyed three weeks of absolute, social power only to squander it on young boys, booze, and coke. Ymmm, maybe you had something there.

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Contessa du Barry said...

Mrs Astor!!! I am on my way please hold on !! You and I will toss that Mrs Fish into the Horowitz Canal off 23rd Street. May she sink into the mud....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home