"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, March 18, 2011


It has been a harrowing week. Firstly, Leopoldo and I decided to try and work things out without splitting up the household (as I said, couples reconcile all all the time; let's try it. He totally agreed, so we are going forward again). That made me cautiously happy.

Then the owner of the nude Club Madonna got a posed picture I took of the mayor pretending to put a dollar bill down a go-go boy's shorts and made a poster of it outside his club to show his dislike of her. Of course, the mayor asked me to take the picture while her daughter and other "handler" were right behind me. She was courting the gay vote and being--true to life--stupid in the anxious search of votes she would not otherwise have gotten. She was elected with those votes, but the ridiculous scandal tickles the fancy of a town that has a big fancy.

And, then, Henrietta went to the hospital with a heart condition; her 70th birthday was already planned at Twist this Sunday when we learned she will not be coming home for another week. So, I told everyone, "If the Henrietta will not go the the mountains, the mountains will go to her". So, on Sunday we will bring the cake (and probably a lot of champagne) to the hospital to show our gratitude for all she has given us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home