"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Day at the Opera


That was the term Mark used for it. I had been distracted on Saturday when I heard an inordinate amount of screaming. This was not "I Love the Drag Show" screaming; it was anger. I ran outside and saw these freaks with Bible warning signs against Fornicators, Drunkards, and Homosexuals among others.

Both sides were hollering at each other and Miss Tiffany was out there in her gold lame' Cleopatra Jones outfit bitching them down. (I need a more sane life.) As the protesters were out-numbered about 40 to one, I had an edgy feeling; my loyal members of The 7th were on the steps, drooling for blood. I stood at the bottom of the stairs arguing that we would all go to jail and that was not a good thing. (The police were just arriving.)

So, with both sides shouting each other down the police surrounded these jerks with their backs to us wearing orange battle jackets of some sort. Soon, it must have dawned on these guys that they were vastly outnumbered and they moved down to a straight club down The Drive to do it there.

A Day at the Opera, starring Miss Tiffany, The 7th, 200 men and woman, gay and straight, old and young who just wanted to have a fun afternoon.

5 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger Ray said...

Bolsheviks! I've told Nicky a thousand times they'll be the death of us! So good of you to insure the safety of the Summer Palace.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

More peasants revolting...or revolting peasants, whatever! Keep the Palace Guard near, Mrs. Astor!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so hot!
I wish I were there for that.
I'd agree that some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

What do people get out of starting fights like this? I mean, what was so special about today that they had to come and inform you right away that your lifestyle is against their opinions? WTF?

I often wonder what they would do if Miss Tiffany would just walk over there and be all "you know what, you're right. I've seen the light (thanks to your tacky picketing) and this is not the life I want to lead. All sucked into these lame pants, forget the hose and lashes. I want to picket and force my puritanical views on others..."

They wouldn't know what to do, because IT'S NEVER HAPPENED.

People need to think.
Wait, thinking may have been what got those people into this trouble in the first place.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Five "I agree's". Quite frandly, I don't entertain thoughts of going to a church on Sunday and protest against intolerance. I usually have a hangover.

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all,
Like cockroaches, they will be back, no matter how hard you stomp on them. It's been about 6 months since they've last made an appearance vis a vis Chez Palace, and they bring the same tired faces and placards each time (fortunately I had my camera with me at the time to document this).

My, how I savor a challenge. Bring them on! This is how we got rid of Tailgunner Joe (please see the movie Good Night and Good Luck), Pat Robertson (yeah, he's still around, but so damned self-satirized to be inconsequential) and other hate mongers and demagogues. I love this kind of fight, not only because it exposes how much hate these morons have in their heart, but how much strength and love we have in ours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home