"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Shameland

You heard stories, got telephone calls all day. Balans, The Loews, The Delano, even tiny David's Cafe. Shameland Security agents swooping in and hunting down suspected terrorists. Oh, that's what they are SUPPOSED to do, isn't it? Aren't they supposed to being doning something other than arresting busboys at the hotels or mothers in supermarkets?

Yesterday the monumental construction boom in downtown Miami came to a halt. Work on all those high-rises ceased when workers stayed home, afraid to leave the house. The news reported instances when they simply left their tools and fled. I know that brain power is NOT one of those energy policies at work in The White House, but didn't anyone have the sense to realize that it's not the all-American type pouring concrete in 90 degree weather? Sadly most of the people cowering behind their doors aren't even illegal in the true sense; they are "not 100%", and I will explain that later. The disruption of business is a hope; when businessmen lose money, what do they do? Yes, call their Republican lackies. This may backfire big time.

I kid not when I say that where ever you are these days, when a door opens, in walks fear. I never, ever thought I would witness anything like this in my life, in this country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home