"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Victor

We spent last night at Edison's martini party on the roof of The Hotel Victor, next to The Palace. War, civil unrest, and general strikes may plague the city, but the posh hotel--a favorite of celebrities like The Countess Bedelia--was awash with partiers. (Where have I seen this before?) The rooms start at something like $450 a night and they are at 80% capacity. Unfortunately, The Victor may not have anyone to wash the dishes or cook the food either if Bush has his way.
The impressive drapes in the staircase made any boy have fantasies of The Stage.
I remembered that Claudius had been found hiding beind curtains by The Imperial Guard and immediately proclaimed emperor. If I were emperor I would round up every Republican, declare Texas an independent country, and exile them all to it.

The hotel's restaurant prices are as lavish as it's cuisine and decor and we found it packed. Ditmar and I had our martinis served in the most extraordinary glasses, sort of like the style that popped up when Art Nouveau met Art Deco. There was no way, no matter how many times I tried, to fit one in my Gucci clutch. (Note to self: Next time bring the Prada tote.)

5 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

The Countess felt very much at home at The Hotel Victor. I'm glad you left a few glasses for my next visit.

Were my boyfriends, Eduardo and Paul, the beautiful bellmen, on duty?

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ms bees knees told me i could borrow a sequined tube top from you? that you might have a few extra to spare???

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

yes Bees, I saw a few of alexis´on her closet.
I thought they were sleeping bags

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Oh Alexis! You are at your zenith while rambling about art-decco glassware and tossing in obscure historical allusions to Roman history. I still assert that you would make a better Tiberious than Cladius...Claudius is too bumbling and unassuming. You are the type of broad that would kill her own nephew (am I mistaken? Didn't Tib do that?) Anway, Love, and thank you for a lovely post.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Countess, Paul was there and did ask me to send his love. Oh the impression you make on boys. It's almost as good as my fine-tuned act.

Bees, don't stir the hornets' nest.

Ian, those WERE sleeping bags. Versace to be precise.

Ed, I love being at my Zenith every now and then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home