"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Half Nekkid (almost) Thursday


Ever since I discovered Half-Nekkid Thursdays on the site of my admired Mason, I have been obsessed with participating. Well, it's not really participating as much as it is lending my imagined aristocratic presence to the event. I dwelled and dwelled in the past two weeks. What could I, a respected member of South Beach Society, really do to not only lend my oft-mentioned name to such a noble event, but also reveal a bit of myself.

Oh, I know all you wags out there. You say, "Alexis, just look at yourself on ANY Sunday afternoon, and anyone can see the real you." But no matter how much they try, they can never get the real me.

So in honor of Nekkid Thurdays, and my friend Mason, I jumped in the pool fifteen minutes ago and took this. (You know what? I couldn't get the pumps on with out standing in the pool first. Some physics problem I guess.)

Oh, and it felt good.

13 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, you WOULD have them in teal; it's so MidWest. I'm happy to be there on that wagon, Mason.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Nudity for charity? Alexis, i'm appalled. But not surprised. Love.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

and then you have THE NERVE to talk about BAT.DRAG as a freak...

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I have been reading a book regarding the decline of the American empire and then I read this... (oh, my GOD!!)

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Ed, are you sober-dialing again. You know the doctors told you not to do that anymore. Go drink for three days and call me in the morning.

Ian, don't you dare let your BA snobbery bubble to the surface. My shoes DID match my purse.

Pimpernel,I once read that the decline of great societies is marked by hob-nailed boots going up the staricase and satin slippers coming down. I'm doing my part.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

If I remember my ancient history correctly, the Emperor Caracalla -- who incidentally was one heck of a general -- was also known as the Emperess Caracalla due to his love of drag within the privacy of the palace walls. The Pretorian Guard were not amused, but they seldom were even in the best of times... the predictable happened... (poor Emperor/Emperess)

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

The head of MY Praetorian Guard just adores me a smart dress. Jeremy, however, is leaving next week and I will be left to the dictates of The Mob. Woe is me.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Nice shoes. Just a suggestion - you might think about shaving your legs. Hairy legs are sooo last year.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

Those pumps and leg cross are very reminiscent of 'The Wicked Witch of the East' - however they are not nearly as tacky as gawd-awful ruby *SEQUINED* (cough, cough) slippers. To top it off, while the WWotE and her sister the WWotW were not 'friends of Dorothy', we certainly know that you are!!!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

JJesse... are you saying I married one of the Wicked sisters??

due to a few old pictures I´ve seen...
I think my hubby is more likely one of the SCISSOR SISTERS than a green old witch...

He´s white.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, my isn't it a bit scandalous and risque to show so much of one's ankle?

Oh the vapors, I need a mint Julep.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Work it girlfriend!! Style and grace is the epitomy of a rich lifesyle, you seem to be doing just fine! xoxoxoxox

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

I love this! What a brilliant post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home