"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, June 09, 2006

When he is not helping the Swiss protect their money, Pimpernel can always be counted on to send along useful advice. Two days ago he gave me the heads up on The Super Termite that is The Herald's new bogeyman and today it is How To Survive A Python Attack:

Remember not to run away; the python can run faster. The thing to do is to lie flat on the ground on your back with your feet together, arms to the sides and head well down. The python will then try to push its head under you, experimenting at every possible point. Keep calm, one wiggle and he will get under you, wrap his coils round you and crush you to death. After a time the python will get tired of this and will probably decide to swallow you without the usual preliminaries. He will very likely begin with one of your feet. Keep calm. You must let him swallow your foot. It is quite painless and will take a long time. If you lose your head and struggle he will quickly whip his coils around you. If you keep calm, he will go on swallowing. Wait patiently until he has swallowed about up to your knee. Then carefully take out your knife and insert it into the distended side of his mouth and with a quick rip slit him up.

7 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cheerful, useful little tip. Thankfully, I always have my trusty 6" bowie knife strapped to my thigh. I just knew it would come in handy someday.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Let's see, I have a knife and I'm going to WAIT for the python to swallow parts before using it?

Um, hell no.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Sounds like a job for Ms. Bees Knees. She is handy with a knife and I think she keeps it on her person at all times just in case she meets a python....or a person who resembles one!!

*blows kisses to Bees*

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only I'd had that bit advice when I was in the jungles of Central America my jungle trekking companions may have survived. Their loss, and the suspicion of others continue to haunt me to this day.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Hey - I think I have met some guys that remind me of that Python before! I'll have to remember the 'knife trick' should I come across them again! ;)

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now these are the type of helpful hints we need. Who needs Heloise when you have Pimpernel!!
And by the way, I always carry a Buck knife just for any occasion, any opportunity. A girl's gotta be prepeared!!
BTW, I just love that Jessie, he's so playful.I want to call him my own!!

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I recently purchased an antique Scottish dirk for use on the legendary Swiss pythons... (especially useful as it is double bladed!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home