"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, June 01, 2006


I know I did bandy forward the term, "Normalcy", yesterday and I concede the fact that it is a relative factor. The first Point of Order is Geraldine, our houseman. Housemen at The Palace take care of "things". They facilitate the movement of liquor and supplies and make sure everything is in order. Geraldine is the most valued employee we have. She always has a smile, an answer, and a wise crack. She also has a title, and we at The Palace love titles. Geraldine is The Queen of Ocean Drive, a title she won a couple of years ago at the annual contest.



I can always count on Geraldine for a sharp reply every morning as if she is testing my senses (sometimes they are dulled). When she askes for the keys to something she always pronounces it as, "May I have my KEESE." Everything is suggestive.

Geraldine entertains the masses every Saturday afternoon along with Miss Tiffany. A fellow Argentine, she is a great friend of Ian's. Should "normalcy" really ever dare to cross my path, Geraldine won't be there to announce it's calling card.

1 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

Just the thought of facing GeraldineĀ“s smile when we were meetting every morning at The Palace brings the happy tears to my eyes...

She has been one of the sweetests things I discover during my "Trip to wonderland". And everybody knows that trip was full of sweet things.

I was amazed by her talent, her kindness and, of course, enchanted by her friendship.

Geraldine is an ANGEL.

And all of you... be aware... cuz she can turn to be "The Queen of Ocean Drive" to "the Queen of your Heart" in a heartbeat.

Alexis, my love, thanks for this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home