"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Treachery Never Sleeps


Nor do my spies at The Palace. The Countess, a known agent provocateur, is once again stirrring the pot from the sinister Castle Bedelia.

It was a troubling night; a pounding rain storm knocked out power briefly and reminded me of my promise to buy a generator before the fun really begins. But, then there was the developing conspiracy between my own, sweet bride and The Countess. A series of messages between the two were intercepted, some drivel about who deserved the title "Norma Desmond, The Greatest Star of Them All". I could almost hear the evil chuckles of the gloating Countess as she wrote this to Ian's question:

"ingenue, n. a naive unsophisticated girl //(theater) the role of such a character//an actress that plays such a role

... compared to Mrs. Astor, you are an ingenue."

4 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

WELL HUBBY OF MINE... EVERYTHING STARTED WITHTHIS PHOTO...

NOW LET EVERYBODY JUST MAKE THEIR OWN CONCLUSIONS ABOUT WHO LOOKS BETTER AS NORMA DESMOND

(I LOVE YOU, SILLY BOY)

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Compared to Mrs. Astor, MOTHRA is an ingenue.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Foiled again! Your spies are everywhere.

Will the real Norma Desmond please stand up?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

I´m sorry Countess... but you know... I´m a handicapped... I can´t stand up

(hehehehe)


Astor, why you keep comparinhg yourself with Ancient Monsters?

(people would talk, y´a know)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home