"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Oh, Special Day


Brazil had won the game today and everyone was giddy. I spotted this couple acting up and asked, "Is this the Miami version of Cinderella?" Apparently, it was. Everyone was having so much fun, nothing mattered.

I was--of course--celebrating the final week of my beloved captain and best friend, Jeremy's, stay here when he did something so unusual. I would be THE LAST to say he had too much to drink, but on the way to the bathroom he pattted a knapsck he thought was a dog.

We brought it one step further when he decided to caress someone's poodle.

Another "dog" come in and he offered water.


In the end--and this is sooooo Miami--I got a call from Ditmar asking me to stay until he arrived. When he did, he brought a cocker spaniel who had been abandoned in his neighborhood for several days and asked if I could help take care of him. The dog is 90% blind and possibly abandoned for that reason, but I was happy to take him in and give him a place to sleep. Jeremy went home with me and took him for a bath in the pool. His name is now Danny, because I recall that frightening moment in the 1953 version of "Titanic" with Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwyk when the band plays "Dannie Boy", and Barbara (in a lifeboat) knew her boy was doomed.

3 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, poor little bugger. Cocker Spaniels are very loyal and believe it or not a good guard dog for the Palace. Yes, you can bleed to death from your ankles. This I know!!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Danny is one lucky pup!

(I was going to add something about getting a bath from Jeremy, but that might be indescrete.)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

Wow, I guess I left too early! Jeremy loves his pooches, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home